Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Aquarelle Water Painting



Watercolor painting is close to my heart as I used to teach it in enrichment class for the primary school kids in my neighbourhood when I was a teenager to earn extra pocket money. Never would I imagine that this painting technique would be catching on as a trend on nails later in life !
I guess art exists in all forms and can be displayed in many ways, even on a canvas as tiny as a nail.
It is quite exquisite to wear a watercolor design, being really soft and transluscent, projecting a fashionably feminine look. The execution is abstract and quick, definitely something worth doing in the salon, but one has to be cautious with the application to ensure that the product is well sealed into the nails for durability.



Some of the work this week by the talented artists in my class

No comments: